Whether you are becoming a parent for the first time or welcoming another addition to your family, we will strive to make this time as enjoyable and comfortable for you as possible.
With the support and care from one of our experienced live-in maternity nurses (often known as baby nurses), new parents can build the confidence to thrive during those all-important first few months with a new baby.
We have been helping parents like you get the support and guidance they need for their baby for the past 30 years. We understand the emotional rollercoaster ride of having a child. We select only the best and most able maternity nurses, each capable of establishing routines to suit families’ individual needs, and guiding families through the challenges of having a newborn baby.
Our maternity nurses work on a 24-hour basis either 5 or 6 days per week. They are experienced and most often qualified in newborn baby care. Our team has known many of our maternity nurses for over 10 years as they have been working with us repeatedly.
A private maternity nurse can either be a trained or experienced nanny with relevant newborn experience, or occasionally a midwife or a paediatric nurse.
Maternity Nurse Duties Include
- General newborn baby care
- Assisting with breastfeeding/sterilising and making up the bottles
- Assisting in establishing a routine, based on your needs and preferences
- Tidying/supervising the tidying of the baby's room
- Laundry for the baby
- Typically, a maternity nurse is on call for 24 hours a day either 5 or 6 days per week and is entitled to at least 2-3 hours off during these 24 hours.
Maternity Nurse Salaries
Maternity nurses are self-employed and work on a freelance basis. Salaries vary according to experience, location and whether caring for a single baby or multiples. These rates are a guideline only.
- 24-hour rate for a single baby: £250++
- 24-hour rate for multiple babies: £250 - £300
Maternity nurse salaries are a gross figure.